- Web Developer & Photographer
I am a current graduate from Pellissippi State Community College with an Associates Degree in Med-Tech / Web Technologies with a concentration in Web Design. I also have a past degree with a concentration in photography. I am excited about furthering my career in Web Design, because it will allow me to use my education and experience. Working as a Web Designer sounds challenging and extremely rewarding.
I have been working towards an Associate Degree in Web Design at Pellissippi State for 4 years. During and before that time I worked 9-years as a photojournalist for The Daily Times and over 22-years as a climbing instructor. I also have public relations experience taking photographs and video of a wide variety of people. I am highly motivated with an excellent work ethic. I am confident that I have the necessary requirements to excel as a Web Designer.
To obtain a rewarding career in Web Design, and to have the ability to work in a positive environment with the chance of growth.
Education and Honors
- Eagle Scout
- Associates Degree in Web Design, Pellissippi State Community College, Knoxville, TN.
- Associates Degree in Photography, Pellissippi State Community College, Knoxville, TN.
- Graduated from Knox Central High School
- Associates Degree in Photography, Pellissippi State Technical Community College, Knoxville, TN.
- Award of Excellence in Deadline Photography and Award of Merit in Feature Photography 2009, Golden Press Card Competition, East Tennessee Chapter Society of Professional Journalists
- Award of Excellence in Deadline Photography 2011, Golden Press Card Competition, East Tennessee Chapter Society of Professional Journalists
Climbing Instructor, Climbing Center, Knoxville, TN. / Aug 2001 to Present
- Provide Instruction in the basics of Rock Climbing
- Responsible for the safety and welfare of customers
- Route setting, general maintenance
- Assistant managing duties, training new people, customer service
- Booking parties, closing duties and competition organization duties
- Oversee facets of Adventure Race (rappelling and ascending)
- Supervise Crews, in charge of large amount of expensive equipment
- Assist in the planning, organization, design and execution of program
Photojournalist, The Daily Times, Maryville, TN. / June 2007 to Feb 2017
- Photographing of Spot News, Feature, Sports, and Advertisements
- Experience with creating videos for the web
- Time management, photographing multiple locations in one day
- Editing photographs
- Daily use of Adobe Photoshop on both Mac and PC
- Assertive, reliable, able to meet deadlines
Web Design, photography, journalism, computers, fine art, music, nature, backpacking and rock climbing.